We’re looking for a professional Business Support Assistant with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a permanent full-time basis, working 38 per week based in Frankston.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society - a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vacancy for a Business Support Assistant full time with the Social Connections and Respite team based in Frankston. The Social Connections and Respite teams provide overnight and day respite at the Frankston Banksia facilities offering support and activities for older persons to enjoy.
The role of the Business Support Assistant is to -
- Be the contact first point for visitors, clients and other stakeholders
- Provide advice on day program services offered
- Provide administrative support to the Program and team
- Maintain records, assist clients with enquires, ensure they receive accurate information on available services
- Prepare reports and analyse data on service delivery to meet business and funding requirements
- Design and implement systems and processes to ensure smooth service delivery
- Maintain the client database
- Assist the team, coordinating team events and support a “one team” approach
Salary will be in the range of $57,882.30 - 63,093.68 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for someone who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in an administration or business support role preferably in the Aged Care or Health Care sectors
- Passion for working in the Aged Care sector
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent data analysis, reporting skills, data and system maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and ensure suitable outcomes are achieved
- Understanding of the Aged Care Standards (desirable)
- Customer service focused
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Dustin Pham on 0482 187 660 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close: Sunday 3rd July, 2022 at 11.55 pm
The Brotherhood of St Laurence adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19.
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.