Do you enjoy caring for and making a difference to the lives of others?
Do you have experience as a Personal Care Worker?
Would you like to work in a modern facility where safety is a priority?
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has vacancies for Personal Care Workers based at the Clifton Hill Aged Care facility. In this role, you will be providing person centered care and support to the resident according to their individual care plans, ensuring dignity, safety and security. You will support the clinical and lifestyle teams to allow residents to live the lives they value.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum qualification of Certificate Level III in Individual Support (Aged Care) or equivalent
- Previous experience in a residential aged care environment (preferred)
- Proven understanding of and ability to support compliance with Aged Care Standards, Food Safety and other professional and legislative requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse range of clients
- Ability to work collaboratively with in a diverse multicultural workforce and client base
- Outstanding time management skills, ability to manage priorities and schedule to achieve outcomes
- Reliable and Flexible to work across facilities
- Understanding of workplace OH&S principles
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
There are multiple positions available with the opening of the new floor working various hours per week.
Applicants must disclose if they are currently working at another Community or Residential or Aged Care facility. There are current government directed guidelines that restrict Aged Care workers from working with more than one provider.
The Brotherhood provides a workplace that values and support their staff, offers career development opportunities a competitive salary and salary sacrifice options.
Salary range: $44,509.92 - $50,570 pro-rata per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Generous salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
For further information about the role, please contact David Maruskanic on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Wednesday 3 December 2020 - Please Note: Interviews may commence prior to the closing date - please apply immediately.
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.