We’re looking for a professional Community Support Workers with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a part time basis, working four days per week (negotiable) based in Carrum Downs.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society - a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Community Care department provides independent living accommodation for people on low income and at risk of homelessness, in home care, day and overnight respite and social support.
We are looking for community support workers to provide centre based social support and in home care services, including monitoring the wellbeing of frail aged people, people who need assistance to live independently and their carers to maintain their independence at home and in the community and to promote a wellness and reablement approach to care.
Salary will be $61,985.52 - $67,631.28 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to make appropriate recommendations
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills to manage own workload to deliver results.
- Knowledge of and ability to participate in quality improvement activities and strategies
- Holds a current Victorian driver’s license.
- Customer service focused
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Vanessa Remman on 049 044 1011 for a confidential discussion.
To view the position description for your application, please click here.
Applications close: Saturday, 04 February 2023 at 11:55pm
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.