Are you looking for a retail job with a rewarding difference?
Where there is no Sunday work nor late night on Friday and Saturday’s
Are you ready to give back to the community?
Can you bring fun by working and managing a diverse team?
If you answer yes to these questions, then this could be you next role?
We’re looking for a permanent full time Retail Area Manager to manage one of our Melbourne Metro Op Shop portfolios.
The role is accountable for the business outcomes of the retail stores allocated to the area’s portfolio. Through guidance, support and direction, this role will ensure the stores operate in line with BSL expectations of performance and community engagement.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for someone who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Relevant experience in managing a cluster or region of retail stores
- Relevant experience is managing retail stores (preferably recycled goods
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team with the ability to supervise, mentor and support staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and responsibility for decisions
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendations
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and autonomous meet deadlines
- Expertise and competency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
- Customer service focused
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay based on NFP organisation
- Leave loading of 17.5%
If this looks like the ideal role for you, APPLY NOW or contact Mark Lane via firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Applications close: Friday, 19 August 2022 at 11:55PM
To view the Position Description for your application, please click here.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence adheres to COVID-19 government directions.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.