We’re looking for a professional Case Manager with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a Casual basis, working up to 40 hours per week, based in our Sunshine and/or Frankston offices.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society -a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Case Manager position consults and works with consumers, their carers, service providers as well as the Brotherhood Home Care team to provide integrated high quality services in accordance with funding and legislative requirements.
Critical to the success of this role is to work as per our Consumer Directed Care Model (CDC), within a person-centred, customer focused and active service framework to maximise consumer wellbeing and choice whilst maintaining an allocated caseload to a high standard. Brotherhood’s model assumes all consumers have the ability to self-manage their home care package.
- Be the primary point of contact for consumers, carers and service providers for information on services available and support with health issues related to disability and ageing, including dementia.
- In partnership with clients and carers, undertake consumer assessments including planning, monitoring and regular reviews using a person centred and reablement approach to provide support and to develop options with clients that meet their needs and aspirations, within the financial resources available to them.
- Support and respond to consumers and carers issues/concerns taking appropriate actions to resolve them and escalating matters to the Regional Team Leader – HCP where appropriate in a timely manner
- Locate and arrange customised services required by the carer and consumer as per the agreed care plan liaising with internal and/ or external stakeholders as needed
Salary will be $37.71 - $40.58 per hour for casuals plus 25% casual loading, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
Positions available at both Sunshine and Frankston offices.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for a Case Worker who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Nursing (Division 1), Welfare, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Disability, Psychiatric Nursing, Physiotherapy, Social Work or other related discipline.
- Proven experience in person centred case management and a reablement approach in the aged care and/or disability sector including provision of support to people with dementia.
- Significant experience in the development of person centred planning and the ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of case management, assessments, networking and advocacy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively as a team member to achieve goals
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
- Customer service focused
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Sam Renk on 0390661004 for a confidential discussion.
Please review the Position Description and address the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close: Friday 28th May at 11:55pm
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.