Summary of program and its objectives:
Social Enterprises supports the development of programs and services that will help to eliminate poverty in Australia. It does this by generating independent funding, and by serving as a supporting business-focussed resource for the Brotherhood.
The Brotherhood’s Retail business comprises more than 20 Community Stores and online bookstore. They are a great place to purchase recycled low-cost goods. The stores help us reach out to local communities, offering clothing, furniture, white goods and other household essentials at low prices. The stores are based throughout Melbourne, Geelong and on the Mornington Peninsula.
Main responsibilities of the role:
Responsible for the business outcomes of the retail stores allocated to the area’s portfolio. This objective will be achieved through providing support and guidance to local store management by utilising retail and business subject matter expert knowledge. This will ensure customer service levels, financial return and the operational needs of the stores are achieved.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
• previous leadership experience in the retail industry, preferably with a combination of volunteers and paid work force.
• proven interpersonal, communication, people management and negotiation with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
• demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems, make appropriate recommendations and take ownership for decisions
• well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
• demonstrated experience empowering and delegating staff to take responsibility
• ability to be flexible and make positive changes within the workplace
• proven ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment to achieve goals
• demonstrated ability to understand financial data and reports
• expertise and competency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
• current Victorian driver’s licence
• understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
• demonstrated experience working with recycled goods
This is a full time, 12-month maximum term parental leave cover position, working 38 hours per week.
Salary will be in the range of $74,480.18 - $77,788.36 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
For further information about the role phone Mark Lane on 0439 262 305.
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.