Summary of program and its objectives:
The Shared Services division comprises of the Facilities and Assets, ICT, Chaplaincy and Diocesan Partnerships, Volunteer Services and People Services departments and has responsibility for the provision of support services to other divisions.
The Volunteer Services department provides managers with support to recruit, onboard and manage volunteers, and advises the organisation on compliance and volunteering best practice. Volunteers Services delivers centralized volunteer recognition initiatives and events, and provides the public with the opportunity to become involved in the work of the Brotherhood of St Laurence.
Main responsibilities of the role:
We are looking for a capable and personable all-rounder to drive a number of service improvement projects within the Volunteer Services unit. You will have experience drafting, writing formal reports, consulting across teams, assessing team processes, with the capacity to conduct external research and produce a variety of outcomes. These will include research reports, operations manual, forms, process, and website improvements.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- demonstrated experience in managing projects in the not-for-profit industry
- demonstrated experience in research and report writing, stakeholder consultation as well as resource and process review and development
- demonstrated ability to take the initiative and accountability for projects and tasks and the ability to provide advice and recommendations for improvement
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendations
- well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
- demonstrated knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
- relevant tertiary qualifications in community development, social work, commerce or business
This is a full time, 12 month maximum term position working 38 hours per week.
Salary will be in the range of $69,305.03 - $75,960.93 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
For further information about the role phone Sasha Earle on 0427 817 426.
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
Click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application!
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.